When it comes to healthy hair, your diet plays a vital role. Good hair depends on good health and good health in turn depends on good diet. Yes, better looking hair can start at just your next meal. When it comes to beauty, you all care about your hair. But, do you know a healthy average person sheds about 50 to 100 hairs every day, and most of these hairs grow back. Hair loss can be caused by a number of reasons like medications, chemotherapy, genetics, rapid weight loss, dandruff, pregnancy and lack of a balanced diet. Your balanced diet plays a very important role to prevent hair loss.
The following are the best 10 diet tips which can fight with your hair loss problems:
Include Soaked Walnuts in Your Diet:
Walnuts contain rich vitamins and iron to make your hair healthy. Simply eat a handful of walnuts preferably soaked overnight in water or some in your salad, pasta or dessert. It’s benefits to your hair would be:
- Walnuts contain significant amount of omega-3 fatty acids which is boon.
- They are also rich in biotin and vitamin E, which prevents from DNA destruction.
Have a Bite of Carrot with Your Diet:
Carrot is the most beneficiary food, not only for your eyes to keep it sparkling and healthy, but also gives your scalp proper nourishment and care. Carrots are great in hair growth and also to make it healthy and shining. Its beneficial ingredients include:
- Carrots contain rich amount of beta-carotene which promotes healthy hair.
- Also, vitamin-A produces sebum for the scalp.
Eat Boiled or Baked Sweet Potatoes:
One can easily prevent hair loss by consuming sweet potatoes. Sweet potatoes can be baked or boiled to eat according to your choice its hair fall prevention benefits include:
- Sweet potatoes are a great source of antioxidant beta-carotene, which your body turns into vitamin-A.
- Vitamin-A promotes the growth of healthy cells including hair and scalp.
- Sweet potatoes also contain plenty of Vitamin-C, iron and protein which are great for rapid hair growth.
Consume 3-5 Eggs in a Week:
Eggs are rich in protein, which are very good for hair growth. To prevent hair fall and dandruff, it is recommended to have 3-5 eggs in a week. Eggs are also used to make your hair soft and silky by applying the fluid (after removing the yolk) for a few minute. Its surprising benefits are:
- Eggs are packed with essential proteins, iron, zinc, Omega-3 fatty acids and vitamin-B12 in large quantities.
- Iron is essentially important, because it helps to carry oxygen to the hair follicles, and loss in iron cause anaemia which is a major cause of hair fall.
Include baked, Grilled or Smoked Salmon:
Including salmon in your diet, you can experience shiny as well as better hair growth. You can have baked, grilled or smoked salmon depending upon your taste. Salmon keeps your scalp and hair hydrated. Its essential nutrient composition include :
- Besides being rich in protein and vitamin-D, this cold water fish is also rich in Omega-3 fatty acids.
- Salmon also contains iron, vitamin-D and vitamin- B12, which are essential for healthy hair.
Have Soaked Almond Once in a Day:
Almonds are best for preventing hair fall and decent hair growth. Almonds are also useful for brain and nervous system. You can have almonds directly or after soaking it overnight after removing the outer layer. It’s useful benefits are:
- Loaded with zinc, almonds play a key role in maintaining the healthy blood circulation in the scalp.
- Being rich in vitamin-E, it helps in reducing the splits occurring in hair.
Enjoy 3 or More Cups of Kidney Beans Everyday:
Kidney beans are very good source of hair care and nutrition. The American Dietetic Association recommends three or more cups of kidney beans every day to enjoy stronger, shinier and thicker hair.
- Kidney Beans are rich in protein, iron, zinc and biotin which strengthen the hair from its root thus preventing hair fall.
- Biotin present in them is essential for optimal hair health.
Green peas contains variety of vitamins and minerals which are good for healthy hair. You can eat cooked or raw peas according to your taste. Green peas offers the following health benefits
- Green peas contain beta-carotene, vitamin-C and some iron, which is rich for healthy and shiny hair.
- Peas contain vitamin-B such as, folate, B6 and B12 required to create RBC (Red Blood Cells) that carries oxygen and nutrients through your body to your scalp.
Add Tasty Cottage Cheese to Your Diet:
Cottage cheese is a great food for your hair. You can have it as a snack, or can include few cubes in your salads. Cottage cheese is highly beneficial for hair growth. Here is a list of its nutrients
- Cottage cheese have whey & casein that prevents dry scalp thus giving a check to hair fall.
- Contains vitamin-D and B5 which are very good in accelerating hair growth.
Have Oats Thrice in a Week With Breakfast:
Oats are packed with high fibre which keeps your heart healthy and facilitates good bowels. It is important to have oats with breakfast at least thrice a week. Have a look on its nutritional benefits
- Oats contain PUFA’s and omega-3 fatty acids, which are essential for maintaining normal hair and brightening skin.
- Oats are very rich in growth and fast development of hair.
The above mentioned tips are the 10 best diet tips for hair loss prevention. It is always recommended to take a good care of yourself. Follow the alilHealth & Fitness’ mantra to stay active and stay healthy for the rest of your life. If you want to enjoy the best health benefits in UK, you must avail EHIC services or European Health Insurance Card services specially created for providing unique health benefits to British people.